Incident Response Team Lead
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Kent , United Kingdom|
- Via Resource is a specialist recruitment company. Our expertise lies in the industries of information and cyber security - working with global brands, security consultancies and infrastructure/software vendors across Europe. We've been excelling in this fast-paced industry for more than 8 years, during which time we've earned our stellar reputation for matching businesses with the best talent to suit their needs - on either a contract or permanent basis.
We are currently working with one of key clients, a fast paced Financial Services Organisation, who are looking for a Security Incident Response Team Leader to own and maintain the IT Security Incident Management processes, provide leadership of the IT Security Operations team ensuring effective proactive and reactive security monitoring and also to provide incident response services across the business.
Duties & Responsibilities of the IT Security Incident Management Team Leader
- To support the IT Security Operations team to achieve the highest standards in providing IT Security Assurance within the Bank. The post holder will lead a team of 4/5 comprising IT Security Operations Engineers and Analyst and Vulnerability Analyst. Reporting to the IT Security Operations Manager they will also be responsible, along with the IT SecOps Analyst, for the management of IT Security Incidents.
- IT Security Incident management will include internally identified events and those identified externally by an external 24/7 SOC provider with which they will be responsible for the relationship.
- They must have experience of managing IT Security Incidents for an organisation, preferably financial and have a thorough understanding of the requirements of PCI and other Security standards.
- They will take ownership of the Security Incidents and manage their remediation through tracking and reporting and chair regular meetings with stakeholders.
- The successful IT Security Operations Team Leader should have experience working within an IT Security operational role, with an understanding of a number of security domains such as Incident Response, Intrusion methods, Attack Monitoring, Networks, Threat and Vulnerability Management. However candidates must also have the communication and interpersonal skills required to communicate effectively with business functions and technical teams.
- IT Security operates a continuous improvement programme and as such expects colleagues to contribute and assist in the development of this important function.
- To review current IT Security Operations processes to ensure they are applicable and fit-for-purpose, and where needed liaise with other departments to improve knowledge and understanding. Ensure "how to" flow diagrams are produced for any process or procedure that is carried out by the IT Security Operations team.
2+ years’ experience working in an IT Security Operations leadership role, preferably in a Financial Organization, with knowledge in the following areas :-
- IT Security Incident Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Microsoft Windows Server family of products.
- VMWare VSphere and associated technologies.
- Operational experience of PCI DSS
- Citrix XenApp, remote access products.
- LAN & WAN networking using Cisco routers, switches and infrastructure products.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of Microsoft desktop applications essential.
- Identity and access management systems
- Understanding of Security controls
- Possession of or working towards CISSP, CISM or CISA
- IT expertise coupled with understanding of financial services and impacting laws and regulations
- Knowledgeable about existing best practices for integration of security controls
- Stakeholder engagement