Security Operations Engineer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Hampshire, United Kingdom|
|Salary||Up to £68,000 plus bonus and benefits|
Our client, a motor financials organisation are looking for Security Operations Engineer to join their increasingly important Security team. The role will be to support the Security Team and help to achieve the highest possible standards in providing Security Assurance.
To be considered for this role you will need to be extremely hands on with strong experience of working in an Information Security operational role.
You will be required to show a strong understanding of a number of security domains, including Incident Response, Intrusion methods, Attack Monitoring, Networks, Threat and Vulnerability Management. You will also be required to demonstrate communication and interpersonal skills to successfully persuade and influence business functions and technical teams.
Your remit will be to continue to build out and define Information and work as a technical security subject matter expert to protect customer, corporate and third-party data. You will be required to have good knowledge of Information Security Standards such as ISO 27001, PCI-DSS and NIST standards.
Key Responsibilities of the Security Operations Engineer
- Perform analysis of infected or suspicious systems
- Develop and operate procedures and standards to enforce and improve Cyber Security
- Effective operational management of security technologies in line with good practice and company policy
- Develop and maintain a robust knowledge database to include escalation -paths, temporary fixes, solutions and workarounds for known errors or problems
- Assess and prioritise alerts and arising incidents, problems and requests based on impact to business or Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Compilation and dissemination of Problem reports following all cessation of the associated incident
- Act as an escalation point of contact for any issues or problems reported by Internal Clients, External Clients, Third Party Suppliers, and company employees. Ensure issues are logged and dealt with appropriately
- Communicates with all levels of management and employees within the company on customer related issues and business policies and procedures
- To be accountable for Information Security elements
- To carry out security tasks across Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Active Directory, Windows platforms, LAN & WAN, URL and Application Filtering, SIEM and in-house bespoke systems
- Act as a SME on Information Security for the Business
Skills and Experience required of the Security Operations Engineer
- CISSP Certificate is essential
- Proven experience of a technically focused security role across a range of technologies
- Firewalls including IPS, DLP, Anti-Virus, Identity Awareness, URL Filtering
- Strong hands on SIEM Tool configuration & management experience such as Splunk, TripWire
- Tools like Nmap, Nessus, and Wireshark and capturing, reading and analysing PCAPs
- Experience of configuration & management of Email Filtering technologies
- Enterprise Desktop and Server Anti-Virus
- Microsoft Windows Server/VMWare VSphere and associated technologies
- Operational experience of PCI DSS
- LAN & WAN networking using routers, switches and infrastructure products
- System Center and Configuration Manager
- Active Directory, GPO Configuration
- Endpoint protection technologies
- Exposure to Linux with basic administration skills
- Ability to write scripts in Linux and/or windows environments (e.g. PowerShell) at an intermediate - advanced level
- Extensive background in and understanding of Information and Cyber Security, with experience of working in Information Security role ideally within financial services organisation.
- Broad technical understanding across Information Security (e.g. Incident Response, Intrusion, Attack Monitoring, Networks, Threat and Vulnerability Management)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to confidently articulate complex concepts in layman’s terms to diverse audiences
- Good attention to detail, strong analytical, quantitative and investigative problem-solving abilities
- An innovative and creative individual who is able to bring fresh new ideas to the table
- Self-motivated and organized