Information Security Specialist
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full TimePermanent|
|Location||Fenchurch Street, London|
|Area||London, United Kingdom|
|Salary||Up to £75,000 plus bonus and benefits|
- The main function of this role is to protect the assets of the organisation by ensuring all people, processes and technology operate in a secure manner.
The information security specialist is responsible for ensuring organisational assets are secured appropriately based on their importance to the organisation.
- To provide advice and guidance on how to minimise the impact to the Bank of potential threats to the network or assets
- To liaise with potential or current partners and suppliers to the Bank and evaluate the information security levels of the company or products.
- As required assist and provide guidance to the ServiceDesk and Infrastructure engineers in the event of a Security alert.
- As required investigate the vulnerability of the Bank to potential malicious attacks and recommend defensive actions.
POLICY, STANDARDS, PROCEDURES AND GUIDLINES
- To ensure that information security policies are implemented, enforced, monitored and complied with and to ensure the Bank embraces a culture of Information Security.
- To develop and ensure data security procedures are approved that provide the more detailed steps that service areas need to adhere to in order to implement that data security policies.
- To work with Infrastructure Solution Architects and advice on all Information Security Risks with regards to infrastructure, changes to processes or software implementations. To critique the high and low level designs within projects. Working on all such projects throughout their lifecycle to ensure the Bank meets compliance and regulatory requirements.
- To ensure that regular risk assessments are completed in departments and the results are recorded.
- To assist in taking timely action resulting from any risk assessment recommendations. This may involve liaison with other departments, partners or suppliers. It is essential to keep the IT Security department informed if there are any issues of non-compliance.
KEEP ABREAST OF DATA SECURITY TRENDS
- Be aware of current and possible future trends in information security and take into account current Bank procedures, to define and develop procedures and policies for appropriate and secure use of the Bank’s IT systems.
- Adherence to standards, including ISO27001 and Information Technology, PCI-DSS and Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Skills and Experience Required
Hands on experience with Security technologies
Experience designing and reviewing IT and Security Architecture.
Cloud (Azure/AWS) experience desired
Ceritifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, ISO27001 LA, ISO27001 LI, MSc in Information Security desired