Information Security Technology Analyst
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Cheshire , United Kingdom Cumbria , United Kingdom Greater Manchester , United Kingdom|
|Sector||Travel & Transport|
- The role of the Information Security Technology Analyst is to act as a subject matter expert for the security requirements and capabilities of the Technology Foundation platforms. The Technology Foundation platforms consist of the Security platform itself, which provides all the security tooling capability, and also many other key IT foundation platforms – including Collaboration, Mobile and Devices, Networks, Messaging, Identity & Access Management, Cloud Hosting.
This role means ensuring all the components of the individual platforms adhere to the security control requirements, ongoing assurance measures are in place and importantly, that specific security functionality with the platforms is designed and integrated in to the security platform.
This role will be directly involved in the following areas:
· Ensuring and developing security controls around a global Strategic Network Transformation project incorporating SDN LAN\ WAN and cloud based technologies.
· Enhancing Mobile and Endpoint device security.
· Security controls for Cloud based systems e.g. controls for new technology in O365 such as PowerApps\ Flow.
· Factory Cyber Security programme covering network segmentation, anti virus\ malware protection, secure remote access and network security monitoring.
This role is ideally suited to a technically minded professional who wants to use their technical understanding and apply it to Information Security processes and frameworks.
Information Security is an area of significant growth both internally & externally and this is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team with excellent career opportunities. This role will be working within rapidly changing areas of Information Security and IT and as such any applicants must have a real desire to keep ahead of the curve and a passion for technology.
Technical training for specific areas of IT and IT security will be available to the successful candidate.
The main accountability of this role is to support the IS Technology Foundation Manager to deliver the information security requirements and capability opportunities from the IT foundation platforms.
TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM SECURITY
· Information Security technical SME and point of contact for the IT foundation platforms.
· Ensuring that these platforms are built and operated aligned to information security control requirements.
· Seeking, defining and transitioning to service Information Security capability opportunities within these platforms.
· Detailed knowledge of the current and strategic capability of the technology platforms.
· Provide input to the security standards framework on technology platform specifics.
· Maintaining an external view.
ALIGNMENT AND ENGAGEMENT
· Working alongside all areas of the broader Information Security team to ensure alignment to controls, existing processes and overall strategy.
· Engagement with the Information Security programme management team to ensure effective delivery of new capabilities.
· Ensure change initiatives incorporate Information Security requirements.
· Engagement with the Security Operations team to ensure new security capabilities are transitioned and operated effectively.
· Effective partnership with the key IT foundation platform experts.
· Engagement with internal and external project teams, including suppliers, partners and SME’s.
GOVERNANCE AND DELIVERY
· Ensure alignment to project portfolio management processes.
· Successful track record and excellent in-depth technical knowledge of one or more of the key IT foundation platforms.
· Experience in a technical capacity and be able to use this background (Network - LAN & WAN, Mobile and End User Device, Enterprise Applications, Infrastructure, Cloud) and apply it to Information Security activity.
· Information Security knowledge.
· Experience of Security tooling\ solution evaluation and selection.
· Sound, broad knowledge of all up to date and future IT landscapes.
· Working in roles requiring high level of technical standards, and operating within legislative and regulatory frameworks.
· Excellent communication and stakeholder management.
· Excellent time management, prioritisation of tasks and quality of delivery.
· Minimum 5 years in an IT role.
· Professional qualification in information security – e.g. CISSP, GIAC or equivalent.
· Experience of supporting IT in an ICS environment and working knowledge of common standards including NIST 800-82 and IEC 62443.
· In depth experience of Office 365 security controls.
· Degree level education.
· Experience within a consumer goods, manufacturing or retail environment preferable.