Security Consulting Manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
- The individual in this role will manage consulting engagements and other activities such as business or capability development. They will be responsible for the day to day management of an engagement, and the provision of high-value consulting advice to clients.
The role requires an individual who has knowledge of cyber security, risk management and data protection.
The function leverages advanced technologies, and technical expertise is required. The role requires an individual who is innovative and forward looking. You will understand the applications of new technology to consulting, to support the implementation of our ‘tech first’ strategy. You’ll be the kind of person who wants to try new things, and who is entrepreneurial in nature.
The individual must be highly motivated and eager to become part of the growth plans for Cyber more broadly.
This role has the opportunity to evolve over time; therefore a flexible and forward looking approach is required.
Responsibilities/Duties of the Cyber Manager
Duties will include, but are not limited to;
- Delivery of client engagements and the overall quality of services delivered.
- Leading small engagements or teams within larger engagements.
- Supporting the business development process, taking responsibility for a specific project or area.
- Developing a specific area of consulting capability and services.
- Managing junior staff members during engagements.
- Identifying improvements to capabilities and/or their supporting technologies.
- Experience of Consulting, preferably from a recognised consulting business.
- Experience of Cyber Security, Risk Management and Data Protection.
- Experience of a major Cyber Security frameworks such as ISO27001, NIST Cyber Security Framework or others.
- Experience of Engagement Management
- Experience of supporting new business, proposals and pitches.
- A recognised credential such as CISSP, CISM or others.
- Highly flexible and open to change, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Detail-orientated with solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, techniques and information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders.
- Resilient and calm under pressure.
- Pro-active and takes initiative.
- Team player.