|Location||Europe Work From home|
|Area||London, United Kingdom Thames Valley , United Kingdom Home Counties , United Kingdom Greater London , United Kingdom Berkshire , United Kingdom Buckinghamshire , United Kingdom East Sussex, United Kingdom Kent , United Kingdom Oxfordshire, United Kingdom West Sussex , United Kingdom Hampshire, United Kingdom Cheshire , United Kingdom Cumbria , United Kingdom Greater Manchester , United Kingdom Bedfordshire, United Kingdom Essex, United Kingdom|
|Salary||Excellent Rate POA|
We have a fantastic client who are developing a leading edge security operations centre utilising the latest tools and technologies.
They are currently looking for a Security Engineer/Analyst to help with managing incidents and supporting the business.
JOB TITLE: SOC Analyst /Engineer LOCATION: Remote ROLE TYPE: Contract REPORTS TO: SOC Operations Manager / Lead ROLE SUMMARY The SOC Analyst Level 2 is responsible for monitoring, analysing and raising incidents as they occur. The Level 2 analyst is also responsible for incident handling all P2 tickets and below as well as taking ownership of P1 incidents on a case by case basis as directed by the level 3 analyst (in order to support them as required). PRIMARY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES Primary responsibilities include:
· Analyse network, application and system events in order to identify potential security incidents and raise tickets as required.
· Perform and lead proactive analysis from knowledge of current threats and trends within the industry
· Provide input into the training and development plans as required
· Ensure all operation incidents, ongoing tickets and relevant information is logged into the HOTO and the information is distributed accordingly
· Ensure all tickets are quality checked prior to release to the regional contacts
· Provide continuous SME support, updates and recommendations for ongoing incidents being handled by the SOC
· Support shift training, user awareness and mandated security education as required or specified and promote additional professionalization within the level 1 analysts.
· Produce operational reporting as required to support regional and internal information exchanges and briefing requirements
· Maintain a broad and current understanding of evolving threats and vulnerabilities as applicable to the client estate and marketplace
· Continually assess and maintain the Clients SOC documentation set and use-cases to maintain a high standard of excellence within the service and ensure ongoing service improvement
SECONDARY ROLE Secondary responsibilities include:
· Deputise for the Level 3 Analyst as required
· Assist the SOC Operations Manager and Level 3 Analyst to recruit and retain a functional SOC team as required
· Windows Server Administration (Server 2008 – 2016) – Specifically Domain Controller management (AD/Security Administration/AD Connect/Group Policies/DNS) for a multi-site multi-domain replication setup.
· Windows Certificate Authority management.
· Perform other essential duties as required
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE Essential skills & experience includes:
· Demonstrable experience in Cyber Operations include monitoring, incident response & handling, threat detection and threat intelligence
· SIEM, IDS and general security tooling experience (Ideally Splunk, Palo-Alto, SkyBox or AWS)
· Network security
· Excellent communication skills
· Mentoring and coaching
· Knowledge of Palo Alto Administration (Implementation, Configuration and API/Automation) is a plus.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE Desirable skills & experience includes:
· SANS 401/501/504/511 or similar
· EC-Council CEH or CHFI
· ITIL certification
· ISO27001 experience
· Report writing