Cyber Security Developer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
The world is rapidly evolving, with digital technologies involved in every aspect of both business and personal life. The client recognises the need for the right expert advice and support to manage the associated risks that companies and individuals face.
Our cyber practice is a venture that helps clients understand the digital world, supports them in managing cyber risks and responding should the worst happen. We aim to make clients more resilient, so they can truly benefit from the digital opportunities available to them.
Our clients are dynamic and sophisticated and we reflect that in our belief in challenging the conventional or accepted ways of working. We like to solve problems quickly. We fiercely guard our clients’ interests, recognising the significant nexus between business affairs and personal affairs and the ways in which this affects our clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a new team and we are looking for people who will thrive in an agile environment. We are an entrepreneurial business - where candor and involvement are key. As a new business with the support of an established firm, we are looking for people to join us as we grow and to be part of our development.
The individual in this role will design and implement a range of technical innovation projects, as well as providing technical expertise to clients where required. You must be capable of solving a range of technical challenges, each expecting you to assess the requirements, propose a solution and manage the delivery.
These projects could require you to work alone or as part of the wider cyber security team on behalf of our clients (e.g. investigations or incident response). Our client and business challenges are always unique, the following examples provide an indication of what could be expected:
- writing system requirements, and developing a prototype to meet them
- developing enterprise applications, which will be used by a team on a daily basis
- processing and analysing large volume of data for client projects or research
-writing custom scripts to review social media, or to target specific information
- reviewing technical security information from a client.
The function leverages advanced technologies where expertise is required. The role requires an individual who is innovative and forward looking. You’ll be the kind of person who wants to try new things, and who is entrepreneurial in nature. You will be comfortable developing architectural approaches to a problem, as well as conducting small research projects to see what is possible with specific technologies.
The individual must be highly motivated and eager to become part of the growth plans for Cyber more broadly. This role has the opportunity to evolve over time; therefore a flexible and forward looking approach is required.
Duties will include, but are not limited to;
• Responsible for design and delivery of a range of technical projects, from small proof of concepts or automation projects to long-term projects over a year.
• Responsible for managing and maintaining technical infrastructure, specifically Amazon Web Services.
• Responsible for developing an innovation programme within the the Cyber business alongside other members of the team.
• Responsible for the maintenance of current investigations systems and supporting infrastructure.
• A number of years working within a commercial environment is essential.
• Experience of data storage and analysis technologies such as Elasticsearch, Logstash and graph databases such as Neo4j.
• Experience of Amazon Web Services and other Cloud infrastructure providers. Knowledge of the Linux operating system.
• Experience of Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing such as Spacy, Stanford NLP and Tensorflow.
• Experience of Cyber Threat Intelligence, Open Source investigations (OSINT) or Digital Exploitation is desirable but not essential.
• Highly flexible and open to change, comfortable with ambiguity.
• Detail-orientated with solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Willingness to learn new technologies, techniques and information.
• Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, and to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders.
• Resilient and calm under pressure.
• Pro-active and takes initiative, able to manage projects and workload independently.