Security Operations Engineer
|Area||London, United Kingdom|
|Salary||£600-700 per day|
- Deliver world-class security operations services to our business
Design, support and review our vulnerability management process including internal and external vulnerability scans, vulnerability ranking and vulnerability resolution.
- Managing existing internal vulnerability scanning tools and processes
Support and management of external threat intelligence services, including feeds from DigitalShadows
- Manage the threat intel feed on a regular basis and initiative, support responses to threats of interest
Design, support and review our penetration test process and carry out internal penetration tests.
- Managing existing internal penetration testing service, schedule and processes
- Managing existing external penetration testing service, schedule and processes
- Perform security research and operate personal projects - the crazier the better
- Support red team, offensive cyber testing and cyber simulation tests
- Support all departments with threat modelling for existing/planned systems.
- Design, support and maintain secure configuration baselines for all our systems.
Maintain and evolve guidelines for centralized logging and carry out log reviews.
- Log reviews performed on daily basis and support Technology team
- AV Monitoring and support response to alerts
- Proactive threat hunting
Design and carry out all security-related incident management activities that are integrated into our global incident management process.
- Support incident response activities as required
- Support security operations improvements as part of the overall security program
Support security assurance activities, external security audits and enquiries
- Support preparation for upcoming external PCI audits
- Support security enquiries from potential new and existing clients
- Oversight and assurance reviews of key operational processes
- Review and confirm standard and privileged user reviews are being effectively performed on a regular basis
- Review and confirm our Third Party Service providers are operating with relevant security controls and compliance in place, security assurance checks
- Carry out and document gap analysis and internal audits of our systems.
- Maintenance of operational security processes
What we expect from you
- Have at least 4 years of experience in a medium to large IT environment with responsibilities for Penetration techniques and tools and vulnerability scanning tools.
- Centralised event log collection and monitoring services
- Information security standards and best practices, PCI DSS, ISO 2700x, etc.
- Successfully supported security incident responses.
- Security baselines and secure configuration best practices
- Enjoys working in a self-organizing team environment
- Thinks further than the solution appears to require
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and communications skills in spoken and written English
- Fast learner, high capacity for abstract thinking and structured approach to work plus a hands-on mentality and an international mindset
- Knowledge of and experience of security within AWS infrastructure.
- Design, support and review our vulnerability management process including internal and external vulnerability scans, vulnerability ranking and vulnerability resolution.