Business Information Security Officer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Home Counties , United Kingdom Hertfordshire , United Kingdom|
|Salary||Up to £110,000|
|Job Ref||JXL 10459|
- Our client, a global IT services provide, are looking for a BISO to join internally and work closely with their C-Level stakeholders across business divisions.
Main duties & responsibilities of the BISO
You’ll join the Office of the CISO team, working as a Business Information Security Officer, on site at in Hatfield. The BISO position is a senior role, reporting directly to the Chief Information Security Officer, working with C-Level stakeholders across business divisions. You’ll be a single point of contact for all internal customers and will coordinate the supporting activities of the wider security team. You’ll be front and centre within one of the business units to act as a representative of the Office of the CISO for the strategic direction of the business unit.
Supported by a team of Information Security Officers, you will engage with the business to understand their strategy, consult on strategic programmes and provide advice and guidance to enable the business to meet their strategic goals in a secure manner. You’ll be expected to understand their business, their key senior stakeholders and to drive our security programme to meet the challenges of that business unit. Drawing on other resources you will address their security governance requirements and ensure that security policy is implemented effectively within the business unit, supported by relevant security certifications.
You will be expected to understand the KPIs of the business unit, how security risks within the business unit affect those KPIs and to drive stakeholders to manage those risks and to implement the necessary activities to support commercial requirements. As our business units are global, you’ll be required to operate in a targeted and proactive fashion on an international scale
As the BISO, you will have the following Skills & Experience
- Can lead by example and has credibility to inspire commitment and a positive attitude to Information Security.
- Promotes organisational thinking and alignment as well as target-oriented standards with an appropriate level of security compliance and business needs
- A proven ability to maintain open and constructive working relationships with high degrees of commitment and resilience
- Outstanding written and spoken communicative abilities, presentation and moderation skills
- Can interpret and apply complex technical information and able to explain security functionality from first principles
- Good decision-making skills and influence and persuasion skills
- Ability to deliver as a team and work alone
- Understands security operations from a people, process and technology perspective
- An understanding of business systems and cloud security, of secure applications lifecycle requirements and of infrastructure and operations security
- Ability to influence with integrity & negotiate sympathetically
- Initiation and independent running of improvements effectively
- Five to eight years’ experience in working within Information Security
Experienced in major security incident management investigations
- Hold either CISSP or CISM certification
- Strong orientation in commercial and organisational business practices and procedures
- Ability to understand the pressures on an organisation’s strategy, the KPIs that drive them and the balance between information security risks and commercial opportunities
- Ability to perform under high pressure and in a structured manner and to strict deadlines and address multiple activities at one time.
- Occasional travelling abroad required